Github Source Files
Unfortunately, I used a lot of duplicate code. In fact, instead of using one page for the editing like Andrew did in his Todo app, I used one page for adding recipes and another page for editing the recipes. I felt this gave a better user design experience.
New things learned or refreshed
Time it took to code
Since I'm writing this post a little over a month after finishing this project, I can't really remember exactly how long of continuous coding it took me to finish it out. I do know it took me at least a full day, however.
Biggest take away
I think my biggest take away from this project was it can be a pain to host files on github pages if you're new at it. I learned that if you don't use the root directory file path in your files when creating your pages ( i.e.
./ for your index.html file and
./css/styles.css for your CSS files in a folder off the root directory path), github will host your app in its default directory and you'll be trying to figure out why nothing works!
What to accomplish
- A user should be able to add new recipes to his Recipe App.
- When the user clicks on ‘add recipe', he should be able to add a new recipe on a separate page.
- The user should be able to add a ‘recipe name', a place for the directions to make the recipe, and be able to add a list of ingredients.
- The user should be able to check a checkbox to indicate whether or not he has the ingredient in stock.
- If the user mistakenly adds an ingredient, he should be able to delete it.
- Once back on the main page of the app, the user should be able to use the ‘Search' function to filter through his list of recipes.
- Clicking on a recipe should allow the user to edit and then delete the recipe, if necessary.
- On the home page, there should be a summary statement for each recipe that indicates whether the user has ‘none', ‘some', or ‘all' of the ingredients.
- The app should also save items to local storage.
- Add a link to your finished project below!
Once you complete this project, be sure to add it to the comment area below. We'd love to see it!